GREEN GREEN GREEN, 4 2018 oh Yeah! we are a sexy green camp
- CAMPOSANTO @ Burningman is a PACK IT IN – PACK IT OUT camp, meaning that you are responsible FOR EVERYTHING YOU BRING, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING YOU BRING, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING YOU BRING.
- Be ready to take out of playa as many trash bags u can fit in your car at exodus.
- There are NO trash bins around the playa. Camposanto will be the only place you can dispose of your trash; please THINK before you pack, leave ALL unnecessary packaging behind and put back in your car /RV your trash when possible
- e.g. If you have cereal, cookies, chocolates, 6 pack rings, etc take them OUT of the package and bring the less packaging possible, it makes a HUGE difference, especially if all of us reduce our trash, we will have less to deal with at the end.
- Don’t bring disposable shit, camposanto provides burnable paper plates.
- Try to bring only ONE cup (and one backup), just label it and be responsible for washing your own, we want to avoid a huge pile of dirty dishes or plastic dirty utensils, so stay simple and WASH YOUR OWN stuff. This is the best way to have less crap around our camp and eventually the best way to survive on our planet, NO DISPOSABLE PLASTIC CRAP PLEASE.
- If you are a smoker keep your buds and take them back home with you (gum metal boxes work wonders on playa)
We continue to have a set up for you to do this without having to think too much, this is how you should sort your shit:
- RECYCLE: ALL HARD PLASTIC please NO GLASS!!
- COMPOST: ANYTHING THAT ROTS, NO COMPOSTABLES PLATES
- CANS: CANS
- BURNABLES: ANYTHING THAT BURNS WITHOUT SPREADING TOXIC CHEMICALS, BASICALLY WOOD, DRY PAPER AND CARDBOARD, AND CLEAN COMPOSTABLES PLATES
- TRASH: ANYTHING THAT IS NOT THE ABOVE (This should be our smallest stack), AND BABY WIPES (with your own poop parts attached)
In 2018 we scored a beautiful green on the Moop Map.
Read and respect information posted on signs.
Recycle and manage trash all day all night. Going to recycling camp is very fun. (virgins always get an amazing gift at recycling camp, just ask for it).
Water Management Basic Rules:
If the gray water leaks, do something.
Do not drink or take showers with or inside the grey water BERM :).
Respect and Protect the BERM. Our nasty lovable greywater management ephemeral but long lasting pond.
Read, ask questions and teach Camposanteros arriving….
Basic etiquette and common tasks.
Instructions for proper waste disposal.
Gray-water and shower instructions.
Solar Power information and instructions.
LNT etiquette and procedures.
Keep it clean, it is dusty, clean it.