GREEN GREEN GREEN, 4 2017 oh Yeah! we are a sexy green camp
- CAMPOSANTO @ Burningman is a PACK IT IN – PACK IT OUT camp, meaning that you are responsible FOR EVERYTHING YOU BRING, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING YOU BRING, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING YOU BRING.
- Be ready to take out of playa as many trash bags u can fit in your car at exodus.
- There are NO trash bins around the playa. Camposanto will be the only place you can dispose your trash please THINK before you pack, leave ALL unnecessary packaging behind and put back in your car /RV your trash when possible
- e.g. If you have cereal, cookies, chocolates, 6 pack rings, etc take them OUT of the package and bring the less packaging possible, it makes a HUGE difference, especially if all of us reduce our trash, we will have less to deal with at the end.
- Don’t bring disposable shit, try to bring only ONE cup (and one backup), just label it and be responsible for washing your own, we want to avoid a huge pile of dirty dishes or plastic dirty utensils, so stay simpleand WASH YOUR OWN stuff. This is the best way to have less crap around our camp and eventually the best way to survive on our planet, NO DISPOSABLE PLASTIC CRAP PLEASE.
- If you are a smoker PLEASE bring your own “ash tray”, keep your buds and take them back home with you.
- We continue to have a set up for you to do this without having to think to much, this is how you should sort your shit:
- RECYCLE: ALL HARD PLASTIC please NO GLASS!!
- COMPOST: ANYTHING THAT ROTS, NO COMPOSTABLES PLATES
- CANS: CANS
- BURNABLES: ANYTHING THAT BURNS WITHOUT SPREADING TOXIC CHEMICALS, BASICALLY WOOD, DRY PAPER AND CARDBOARD AND CLEAN COMPOSTABLES PLATES
- TRASH: ANYTHING THAT IS NOT THE ABOVE (This should be our smallest stack), AND BABY WIPES
- Last thing, Let’s live in a beautiful clean camp and show our playa neighbors how cool it is to be part of Camposanto.
In 2017 we scored a beautiful green on the Moop Map.
Read and respect information posted on signs.
Recycle and manage trash all day all night. Going to recycling camp is very fun. (virgins always get a price at recycling camp, just ask for it).
Water Management Basic Rules:
If the gray water leaks, do something.
Do not drink or take showers with the grey water :).
Read, ask questions and teach Camposanteros arriving….
Basic etiquette and common tasks.
Instructions for proper waste disposal.
Gray-water and shower instructions.
Solar Power information and instructions.
LNT etiquette and procedures.
Keep it clean, if is dusty, clean it.