GREEN GREEN GREEN,
2019 oh Yeah! we did the sexy green camp drill
2020 virtual green! Oh yes!!!
2021 Green on the Poop Map!!!!
- CAMPOSANTO @ Burningman is a PACK IT IN – PACK IT OUT camp, meaning that you are responsible FOR EVERYTHING YOU BRING IN AND EVERYTHING YOU BRING OUT.
- Be ready to take out of playa as many trash bags CAPOSANTO NEEDs and you can fit in your car at exodus.
- There are NO trash bins around the playa. Camposanto will be the only place you can dispose of your trash; please THINK before you pack, leave ALL unnecessary packaging behind, and put back in your car /RV your trash when possible
- Great Example:. If you have cereal, cookies, chocolates, 6 pack rings, etc take them OUT of the BOX package and bring the less packaging possible, it makes a HUGE difference, especially if all of us reduce our trash, we will have less to deal with at the end.
- Don’t bring disposable shit, Camposano provides burnable paper plates.
- Try to bring only ONE cup (and one backup), just label it and be responsible for washing your own, we want to avoid a huge pile of dirty dishes or cups, so stay simple and WASH YOUR OWN stuff. This is the best way to have less crap around our camp and eventually the best way to survive on our planet, NO DISPOSABLE PLASTIC CRAP PLEASE.
- IF YOU ARE A SMOKER keep your buds inside a little tin can and take them back home with you. We have plenty of ashtrays at camp too. (gum metal boxes work wonders on-playa)
We continue to have a setup for you to do this without having to think too much:
This is how you should sort your shit = (trash):
- RECYCLE: ALL HARD PLASTIC please NO GLASS!!
- COMPOST: ANYTHING THAT ROTS, NO COMPOSTABLES PLATES
- CANS: CANS
- TO BURN: ANYTHING THAT BURNS WITHOUT SPREADING TOXIC CHEMICALS, BASICALLY WOOD, DRY PAPER AND CARDBOARD, AND CLEAN COMPOSTABLES PLATES.
- TRASH: ANYTHING THAT IS NOT THE ABOVE (This should be our smallest stack), AND BABY WIPES (with your own ass and poop parts attached).
In 2019 we scored a beautiful green on the Moop Map
For 2021 we got our own self-assessed grenn on the Poop Map
Read and respect information posted on signs.
Recycle and manage trash all day all night. Going to recycling camp is very fun. (virgins always get an amazing gift at recycling camp, just ask for it).
Water Management Basic Rules:
If the gray water leaks, do something.
Do not drink or take showers with or inside the greywater BERM :).
Respect and Protect the BERM. Our nasty lovable greywater management ephemeral but long-langsting pond.
Read, ask questions and teach Camposanteros arriving….
Basic etiquette and common tasks.
Instructions for proper waste disposal.
Gray-water and shower instructions.
Solar Power information and instructions.
LNT etiquette and procedures.